Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The pain of James

A letter is far from the correct venue to express the pain and hurt to cause a relationship to discontinue

A feeling I will never truly understand because I have the support of my family to help make me a man

But to see everyday the sight of a letter to stay away is not only unrest but puts my salvation to a test

Father I beg you to reconsider I will say this for James because father you are too hateful and bitter

And James is just a boy a child you raised so that he would know love's joy




But scarred and scared the man that is devastated for being his own man

Punished by you, berated by you, scolded by you.... alone by you

What you considered through is not a passing moment
The relationship you want over
Is no path towards atonement

And a deathbed empty is better than being absent
And a father loves ready is more than transient

So if how you feel is five years real
Then make year six a year of faith appeals

Because.. if the God you speak of is so righteous
He will not allow you treat James so vicious

And I pray that new roots come from a tree
Deep in the heart of an unconditional gay family .

No comments:

Post a Comment