Monday, July 2, 2012

Poem and artwork by C.D. Kirven


Colpi Di Luce!

I looked out into the darkness and I saw a burst of light 

The night whispered "Colpi di Luce" Somewhere love unites

The evening was set on fire. You both were way to young

A promise gone to quickly... A life that had yet begun

How could you know what you've lost?  Or what you never got to see

My heart is softly broken.. for your unwritten destiny

And deep down that you know...your love...is not the only evidence

Love is the most valuable gift...you can give if you dare...it's a truth...that is at its best...when you find someone to share

The best of times and the worst if you're blessed enough to meet...the woman who makes you forget e-v-e-r-y...defeat

No one had the right, no one even knew. The love you had for her...belonged only to you

The courage you've displayed... has given us all hope!

Because in the face of death...Your bravery helps us to cope

Why did this happen? The world is so cruel.

But, in the humongous loss...I promise this to you

I will fight forever and I promise not to forget!  Your pain is light leading my ascent.

We as a family...lost a shooting star..and our youth...should never be...afraid of who they are!

You dreams, your hope and your future is what we hope you see

And know the memories you both shared...will live pass this tragedy


No comments:

Post a Comment