Saturday, June 16, 2012

I take it back

For indeed I saw with my open eye
The deceit, the pain and all of the lies

And I am not angry nor am I dead
But thanks to you I overcame my dread

But no thanks to you.. do I write a poem that seems half way through

So I take back all of my gifts that you may feel time space rifts

I take back my power, my pain and my love
Hopefully forgiveness comes from heaven above

I take back my words, my thought and my feelings
Use your own power to gain your own healing

I take back my care, my concern and my tears
You have the strength to handle your own fears

I take back my God, my prayer and my sight
You need only one to win your own fight

I take back my pen, my ink and my paper
You have stolen enough talent from my favor

I take back my time, my effort and my sorrow
Come back again when I have no tomorrow

I take back light, my grace and my curse
I take back the day I said your name first

I take back my miles, my smiles and my scars
I am proud of every last one of them on my arms

Now I take back the last thing you took from me
I take back time, space and my energy

You need nothing more from me
Treat me like you always have, a distant memory

No comments:

Post a Comment