Thursday, June 14, 2012

The soul of my feet

I walked a mile and my shoes are already worn. I took off my shoes to see the leather is already torn.

I did not know the holes in my souls can keep my in constant agony, and without money to buy more shoes I am in constant epiphany

The sun beats down and moving does nothing more than make me darker brown

An ugly sight, you say the least, but my blackness in color is your avenue to defeat

I can overcome the pain, the heat and the norm and all you can do is feel the wrath of life's scorn

Do you want to me to succeed or claim defeat... Do I get a new pair of shoes so I can move to a different beat

What is it with shoes and the need of their need... My ancestors have been barefoot despite the world's greed

$100 or more to pick the right breed, a slave to my feet which is slow to sew a seed

Do you believe I have lost the keys or I ran into a hornet's nest with more than 1009 bees

Do you wonder if my emotions are under siege or my frame of mind can't stand up to being free

No need to wonder any longer because my shoes are now gone but my feet has gotten stronger




No comments:

Post a Comment