Sunday, June 24, 2012

More than words on a page: Danger by the roadside

"Get out of here before I kill you! What you doing car blocking people man?" That's what he said.

My heart pumps with fear as my head is turning from side to side. Shock runs through my body. I never expected anyone to want to kill me for standing on a street corner. I damn sure don't know why he wants to hurt me but I wish Keith would hurry up. Who am I kidding he is not coming. This was all a plan to get me far away from him and Mark or whatever the hell they are doing. How did I end up in this situation where I have to relay on my enemy for help? Keith does not want me anywhere near where he lives and this whole fiasco proves it. 


"Man you better start walking this direction!" Is what he shouted as he pointed south down the divided street.


"Hurry up mother fucker!" 


I started walking. Faster and faster I sped up my pace as he follows behind me in that four door dark colored sedan. I am so worn out from partying with Mark and not having anything to eat. If Keith would have just let me in the door when I went back for my cell phone, Mark and I would have had a chance to talk instead of me being without communication or anyway to get in contact with anybody. I am sure they probably find this funny while they are having an tina filled orgy where ever they may be. 


"And you keep walking mother fucker and don't you stop. If I catch you here again I will kill you!"


Those words ring in my ears as fear keeps my body going. I am completely vulnerable. I thought about being abrasive and cunning but I do not have the energy to come up with a plan or to fight off this aggressive asshole if he attacks me.

I trying to think of anyway to not get killed. A cement divider in the road. If I can cross it he won't have time to catch me because he has to go far up the road to the light to turn around. It is worth a shot. He is slowing down but this thug can shoot me at any time and I am not going to die today. He has already vowed to kill me. Back and forth my eyes look in anticipation for the right moment to breakaway so I can cross the lanes of traffic. Finally I see it. I ran with all the energy I had left to the cement divider. 

"Where you going mother fucker!" The thug shouted.

I crawled over the divider in time. His car just past the point where I made it over so he must be making his way to the light to turn around. I have no time to waste. I have to cross this street to the other side.Then I climb up the hill into the woods where he can't find me.

No traffic is coming. God help me please. Give me the strength to get away. 


I took a deep breath and exhaled. I'm running with all the energy I can muster to the other side of the road. I grabbed the branch of the first tree I could hold onto and climbed the straw covered hill with all my might. I made it half way up but I did not stop until I was certain I was out of sight from the road. With every strong breath that comes from my exhausted body I counted and hoped that he did not see where I entered into the woods. Finally, I climbed to the top of the hill to find myself in a small abandoned corporate complex parking-lot.

Like some sort of wild animal looking for prey I am crouched down on the ground. It's silent and I don't see anybody. I made my way to the large trash dumpster and waited for a moment. Somehow I have to make my way to the structure in the middle of the parking-lot without anyone seeing me. I took another deep breath and worked my way to the right side of the building.

I see a SUV which means someone has got to be here. I knocked on the doors but my knocks went unanswered. I can't take the chance of shouting just in case someone could be in earshot. I made my way around to the other side of the building and saw another SUV. It was parked in some sort of loading space. I ducked behind it hoping that nobody saw me.

How did all this happen?  What is going? This can't be real. First I was waiting on Keith to pick me up, then this asshole said he is going to kill me. Now I find myself running for my life hiding behind buildings.

stomp, stomp, stomp


What is that sound? Sounds like someone is coming this way fast in a hurry. They're stomping their feet on the pavement so loud I can hear them coming a mile away. I crouched down behind the SUV but just enough to look through the window to see the parking lot. This young black guy shows up out of the blue with a bag in this hand. He is making his way to another dumpster at the edge of the parking.

"And good ridden mother fucker!" He said angrily as threw the bag in the dumpster. After he did that he spit on the ground and made his way back from where he came from. It was like he was spitting on someone's grave. Crazy is as crazy does and there is too many crazy people out here today.

I'm scanning the parking lot for a way out but I am trapped in. I can't go left because of that crazy fucker that just went to the dumpster might see me. I can't leave out the parking lot to the main road just in the case that other fucker that threatened my life is looking for me. My only chance is to cross the parking-lot, down the hill, cross over the railroad tracks to another complex. That should be enough distance form the where this nightmare first started.




No comments:

Post a Comment